Dr. Baksh and The Pain Center of West Virginia recognized as an axialHealthcare Center of Pain Excellence
Highmark is collaborating with axialHealthcare to recognize top performing pain care practitioners and facilities as Centers of Pain Excellence (COPE). AxialHealthcare has identified Dr. Baksh as a medical care leader who meets the criteria and qualifications for participation, including the following:
- Appropriate prescribing practices
- Appropriate care coordination
- Appropriate use of interventions, including but not limited to, conservative and effective use of advanced imaging
Providers offering advanced pain management procedures are considered for inclusion in COPE. To qualify for evaluation, a provider must perform at least 10 advanced pain management techniques on 5 or more patients within 12 months and cannot solely perform trigger point injections.
To become a COPE-designated provider, practitioners who meet the evaluation criteria must also meet axialHealthcare’s standard for high quality care, which is evaluated by some of the following metrics:
- Appropriate diagnoses supporting advanced pain management procedures
- Use of conservative treatment prior to advanced pain management
- Appropriate frequency of advanced pain management procedures
- Appropriate use of anesthesia
- Appropriate use of advanced imaging
- Care coordination, including both behavioral health and ancillary pain services
- When available, axialHealthcare’s RIM Practitioner Score, designed to give providers a better understanding of their opioid prescribing practices
Congratulations to Dr. Baksh and his team on this outstanding achievement!